Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Greek Pasta Salad

  
During any kind of pot-luck you can be sure to find your array of mayo-based salads. While I like them as much as the next person, my first love will always be vinaigrette based salads. They are so much easier to keep fresh, especially when it's hot outside and the salad needs to be transported.

This Greek pasta salad is another one of those "what's in the fridge" recipes that just came about. I knew what flavor profile I was going for and just rolled with it. The end result is extremely tasty and can be enjoyed by itself for a quick lunch, a vegetarian dinner or simply served with some grilled chicken, fish or tofu on the side.

Cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers add a freshness to this salad that is enjoyable, especially on a hot summer day. The olives, artichokes and feta add a little richness, and the balsamic vinaigrette balances it all out. This recipe comes together quickly and can be made a few hours ahead to let the flavors mingle. I hope you'll give this Mediterranean inspired salad a try for your next pot-luck or casual summer dinner.

  
Greek Pasta Salad
~Serves 8-10~

Ingredients: 
1 pound Pasta Fusilli
1 English Cucumber, peeled and diced
2 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
1 sweet red pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 cup marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
4 oz. pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
6 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
6 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
2 tsp. Mustard
1/2 Tbsp. Honey
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

In a large bowl, add the diced vegetables (cucumber, grape tomatoes, red pepper, onion, artichoke hearts and olives). Add the cooked pasta and gently toss together.

In a small bowl whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 

Add half of the vinaigrette to the pasta mixture and toss. Let the salad sit for about 15 minutes at room temperature. Add the other half of the vinaigrette and refrigerate for at least one hour. Before serving gently fold in the feta cheese.

A Susi's Kochen und Backen Original Recipe


19 comments:

  1. Positively perfect! I discovered my love of Greek Salads last year and have been collecting recipes. This one is top of the pile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a tasty salad and without mayo would be perfect for picnics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pasta! (I'd pick out the olives first, because I live for Kalamata olives LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back Susie!
    I love Greek Flavors and your kins of salad is my favorite lunch! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How happy I was, to open my reader to a new post from Susi's Kochen und Backen! This salad looks right up our alley and I know I will be trying it soon. Beautiful photo as always. I love the bright red from the napkin and tomatoes, contrasted with the pop of white from the serving dish and the feta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful pasta salad! The colours are divine and the ingredients fresh!
    Yum :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Turkey we do same pasta salad.. i like mediterianne dishes..

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're Back!!!! I kept coming over to visit, hoping to see a new post and look, I missed two!!

    This salad looks so good. I love Greek ingredients like the ones you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't give verdict to this salad not until I do this and taste this my own. This looks delicious though.

    Buy WoW Accounts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, and delicious Greek pasta salad, Susie! I make mine very similar, as well:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Susi,

    I am so, so, so glad you're back! You have been missed! Love your new profile picture, and I also love this refreshing salad. Who doesn't like a yummy, light pasta salad? This is the season for it.

    Hope you're back to stay.

    :) Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. This salad looks amazing. Yum! I could eat a big bowl of this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that looks good. I do similar with giant couscous. Now you've put the idea in my head, I might make some up for lunch at work tomorrow.... x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Susi, this salad looks so delicious light and healthy! I will save this recipe and try it once! Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, ich bin in meiner Firma für den Bereich Work-Life-Balance,Betriebliche Gesundheitsförderung zuständig und informiere mich gerade über Backen. Wir wollen eine Koch-und Backgruppe gründen. Tolle Rezepte, danke

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great share!

    I love this bucket list and you know you're right. sand blasting machine manufacturer. We all have the same amount of hours in a day so put them to good use. We all have to start somewhere and your plan is perfect. I understand the way of the attractive to the customer with the products sand blasting machine.

    Sand blasting machines like shot blasting machine, sand blasting machine, and grit blasting machines, Wood Working Machinery Dust Extraction unit, Abrasive Blasting Media and various others. Keep it works and share with us your latest information. My time will come but I know I'm on the right path.

    They are similar to small communities that you own - check them out if you haven't already. It's all got a lot better than before!t. Value that list of thousands but I'll get there.

    Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week ahead.
    Visit at : www.gritblast.co.in

    Regards,
    Ankit Manawat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Share!

    First off, congratulations on this post. If You are searching for latest government jobs in India. Vacancysquare provides you upcoming government jobs information like - Railway, Police, Banking Job, Defense, SSC, UPSC, UPSSSC, teacher jobs and other department for state and central government job. This bucket list for you to know the right jobs details.

    This is really awesome but that's what you always crank out my friend. Reading your story got my face leaking and my heart singing. Find qualification based government job and vacancies with employment news at: "www.vacancysquare.com". Also check govt jobs, private jobs, latest jobs, teacher jobs, bank jobs, railway jobs, police jobs, UPSC jobs, SSC jobs, UPSSSC jobs, sarkari result with employment news.

    Great posts we can share to our users. Check the latest government job vacancies, upcoming government Indian jobs, latest notifications for government jobs, today government jobs notifications or sarkari naukri now. Just visit our website www.vacancysquare.com to get your dream job notification today.

    Get a complete information about Government jobs in India, Latest jobs in India, admit card, exams, results, answer key, admission and syllabus of jobs.

    If you are interested in free guest post, advertising with us, writing for us and paid guest post service to contact us & about OR visit on our job notification portal www.vacancysquare.com.

    All the best, I’m excited to watch your journey! Keep it works and share your amazing thoughts.

    Great share and thanks again for the mention here,

    Thanks and Regards!
    Priya Singh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails