Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mango Salsa


Inspired by a recent shopping trip where I found beautiful ripe mangoes, fresh vine tomatoes, and English cucumbers on sale along with some great looking fresh Tilapia fillets, I set out to create a summer dinner fit for any hot day.

I love fresh grilled fish combined with salsa of any kind, but this time I was going a different way. I wanted a sweet, savory, spicy combination and the flavor of the mild Tilapia was the perfect canvas to showcase what I came up with. 

I started by chopping and dicing all of my vegetables and mango, and then just kept adding what sounded and looked good. The result; an incredibly tasty Mango Salsa that could also be served alongside chicken, pork, other fish, or just plain with tortilla chips.

The whole family agreed that this dish needs to make many more repeat appearance throughout the summer months, with fruits and vegetables that are in season. If you like this kind of combination, I hope you will give this dish a try, it is low-fat, and good for you, but you would never guess that based on flavor alone!


Mango Salsa

Ingredients:
1 ripe mango, diced
1 English cucumber, diced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, finely minced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
In a bowl add mango, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro. 

In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper.

Add to the vegetable mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Taste for additional seasonings and serve.

A Susi's Kochen und Backen Original Recipe

4 comments:

  1. That looks fresh and delicious. And pretty. It sounds perfect with the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, this salsa looks wonderful. We've been eating mangoes for about a month around here, and I think this is the next thing I'll be doing with them.

    Second (you little nudge!) I set up my etsy shop! There's only 2 things on it, but thanks to your prompting it is now there. Looking at its emptiness will likely motivate me to fill it.

    Thanks for your confidence in me! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, I'd be honored to be mentioned on your blog! :) You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Share!

    First off, congratulations on this post. If You are searching for latest government jobs in India. Vacancysquare provides you upcoming government jobs information like - Railway, Police, Banking Job, Defense, SSC, UPSC, UPSSSC, teacher jobs and other department for state and central government job. This bucket list for you to know the right jobs detail.

    This is really awesome but that's what you always crank out my friend. Reading your story got my face leaking and my heart singing. Find qualification based government job and vacancies with employment news at: "www.vacancysquare.com". Also check govt jobs, private jobs, latest jobs, teacher jobs, bank jobs, railway jobs, police jobs, UPSC jobs, SSC jobs, UPSSSC jobs, sarkari result with employment news.

    Great posts we can share to our users. Check the latest government job vacancies, upcoming government Indian jobs, latest notifications for government jobs, today government jobs notifications or sarkari naukri now. Just visit our website www.vacancysquare.com to get your dream job notification today.

    Get a complete information about Government jobs in India, Latest jobs in India, admit card, exams, results, answer key, admission and syllabus of Govt Indian jobs.

    If you are interested in free guest post, advertising with us, writing for us and paid guest post service to contact us & about OR visit on our job notification portal www.vacancysquare.com.

    All the best, I’m excited to watch your journey! Keep it works and share your amazing thoughts.

    Great share and thanks again for the mention here,

    Thanks and Regards!
    Priya Singh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails